Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking is an unforgettable morning Trekking in Bali island, Watch the incredible sunrise from the summit of Mount Batur ( 1,717 m), and explore this still-active volcano in all its glory!
Be amazed by the starry night sky still twinkling above as you ascend in the cool early morning darkness. Traversing black sand and lava deposit created by centuries-old eruptions, you’ll gain a deeper appreciation for this mountain.
It will take around 1.5 or 2 hours (depending on your fitness level) to climb the mountain. This is perfectly safe as you will be accompanied by a professional local trekking guide. Trekking in the cool, early morning darkness (torches and wet weather gears are supplied, if needed), we begin the ascent (not difficult) to arrive in time to witness a glorious sunrise and experience the stunning morning views of the surrounding crater and lake as well as beautiful landscape panorama of eastern part of the Island.
We will reach the top just in time to see this beautiful sunrise over Mount Abang and Mount Agung, and on clear days it is also possible to see the peak of mount Rinjani which is located far away in Lombok island. Ideally, trekkers should get to the top for sunrise by 6 am, before mist and cloud obscure the view. Light breakfast with special volcanic steamed egg will be served as soon as you reach the top of the mountain.
Private : US $70/person
Sharing : US $40/person
Minimum Booking 2 Pax
- 01.30 – 02.30 : Pick up time from your accommodation.
- 03.45 : Arrival at the starting point, introduction and safety procedure briefing by local trekking guide.
- 04.00 : Start hiking from the starting point at Pura Jati Temple, it then will take around 2 hours to reach the summit of Mount Batur accompanied by licensed local trekking guide
- 05.00 : Optional stop for short break and drinking water
- 06.00 : Arrive at the peak of Mount Batur, while waiting for the sunrise a packed breakfast will be served featuring our special volcanic steamed eggs
- 07.00 : Exploring the main crater of Mount Batur and then descend the path down to other craters, number 2 & 3 (the last crater erupted in 2000)
- 09.00 : Arrive back at finish point.
- 10.00 : Buffet lunch overlooking Mt. Batur volcano
- 11.30 : Visit Luwak coffee plantation
- 12.00 : Visit Tegalalang rice field
- Back hotel
Tour Inclusion :
- Private fully air-conditioner car
- Experienced Trekking Guide
- Light Breakfast at the top of Mt. Batur ( breakfast consists of eggs boiled in the Volcano and bread )
- Mineral water during the journey
- Lunch overlooking Mt. Batur volcano “Private package only“
- Visit Tegalalang Rice Terraces “Private package only“
- All Entrance fees/tickets & parking fee
What to wear/bring :
- Sport shoes or hiking shoes
- Long pants
- Digital camera
- sun screen